I guess it’s my turn on Jeff Pulver’s blog tag meme-train.
Tagged by Yaniv Golan.
Funny, I don’t usually join those things but so many good people have participated, I feel oddly compelled…
So, just before I’m off on my holiday – 5 things my blog readers may not know about me:
- The reason I was incredibly driven about learning English from a young age was because there were books by E. Nesbit and Roald Dahl that weren’t available in Hebrew at the time.
- One of my first jobs after high-school was selling Juggling equipment in a professional juggling shop. I’m still not so bad with a Diablo and have a weakness for yo-yos (own about 20 or so…).
- I grew up in a farm, we were mostly growing fruit and veg until I went to high-school. I liked growing up in a small village until my early teens, when my obsessive curiosity and cultural appetite drove me to Tel Aviv. I absolutely hated all my agriculture related chores – found it devastatingly boring, but never protested.
- I’m a pro-level tarot reader (have been doing it for about 9 years), but I don’t believe in the mystical aspect. Tarot for me is just another intresting and rich way to explore narratives and converse with the subconscious (mine or other people’s).
- Until my career “took over”, I thought I was going to be in the academy. I left for my “first round” in London just before starting to work on a thesis about “the narrative mechanisms of comics as a visual storytelling medium” (or somthing along these lines). This area is still a side interest for me, and I speak about it when I get the chance.
It seems most of my roll is tagged already, and it took a while to find “victims” but I’m tagging: Mary Hodder, Danah Boyd, Yael Elish, Daniel Cohen, Andy Baio
I know I’ve been kind of quiet – been working hard on some speaking engagements for my holiday to Israel. Some will hopefully breed posts eventually…
Technorati tags: Mary Hodder, Danah Boyd, Yael Elish, Daniel Cohen, Andy Baio, Yaniv Golan, Jeff Pulver, blog-tag
Pingback: Thought Leadership
Pingback: גררו אותי ממאורתי החמימה « אם תרצי